I used a excel file to regroup the datas.
For 100 questionnaires:
45 women and 55 men
55 have 18 to 25 years old
31 have 25 to 35 years old
14 have more than 35 years old
75 earn less than 5000 rmb
25 earn more than 5000 rmb
100 don't know Harley Davidson logo
5 think that it is a cigare brand
15 think that it is a clothes brand
55 think that it is a motorbike brand
5 think that it is a food brand
20 think that is is a car brand
15 think that is is a french brand
75 think that is is an american brand
70 want to buy a motorbike to avoid traffic and go faster
14 since motorbike is cheaper than a car
9 to escape and forget their worries
30 Harley Davidson
Analyze of the results
- No one knows Harley Davison logo! But they know the brand and Chinese name!
However a large number know Harley Davidson. Many told me about this brand with high praises. (Many also told me that Harley is too expensive and that motorbike are forbidden in Chinese cities).
- Even though no one knows the logo, they instinctively think about a car or motorbike brand; 75 of them
- The polled think about a western brand: european or american brand but not obviously american. Unfortunately I forgot to add United Kingdom among the choices. The one who answered France did so because they thought I was french.
- I didn't find any correlation between age and motorbike brand or age and motivation to buy a motorbike.
- I also didn't find any correlation between income and famous motorbike brand or income and motivation to buy a motorbike.
- Only men and no woman answered that they will buy a motorbike to escape and forget their worries