When you look at these picture, you might think it was raining. Or you might think that this is a foggy wet weather. In fact the weather was very dry in Beijing. There was no rain but the sun behin a curtain of pollution...
That day the Air Quality Index value were above 300. And it is how it looks like from the sky.
As you remember, I told you how important it is to wear a mask.
I decided to wear a mask only when riding my bike or doing jogging.
The rest of the time it is a little bit hard:
- No one wears a mask and people gaze at you weird
- Wearing a mask is not confortable at all...
- Indoors I have my window open and nothing to clean the air
This is a picture of my totobobo mask after riding a bike in Changsha one hour. As you can see the filter is already getting dark...
Totobobo only drawbacks is for my nose.
I feel there is a small gap that can let air come in when I breath in and out. Of course if you don't have such a big nose and long then face, it wouldn't be a problem for you.
I would not advise buying this mask. I don't like it as compared to Totobobo:
- It is too hot
- Changing the filter is much more expensive
- I had really difficulties breathing with this mask, while running or riding a bike. At some point I had to slow down from the lack of air...
Even you stand behind a bus in a cloud of diesel fume, you smeel nothing but fresh air!
But even this filter is more a luxury than anything. You don't really need it. In the end only tiny particles can hurt your health.